Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pearls of wisdom...

Hi pretties, it's Sunday night and I've spent a lot of the day scrolling through fashion blogs, having fun, and getting inspired. I found a new favorite, atlantic-pacific.blogspot.com  and am loving Blair's style on this blog. She has partnered with Coach for the launch of their classics line (see "An oldie but a goodie") and styled outfits to wear with those timeless handbags. She's a fan of David Yurman (as am I) and usually has a pop of color on her lips which I am attempting to do more. But as I scrolled through her outfits I fell in love with a pearl necklace of hers and it got me inspired to post about pearls!

Growing up I always thought pearls were for older women but I don't know at what age I realized the advantages of a long strand of pearls or a pair of pearl stud earrings. I tend to gravitate more towards longer strands than a short strand of pearls because it feels less formal.

Carrie sported a strand for most of the Sex and the City movie

The necklace that inspired me!

Real pearls are insanely expensive and Mikimoto is THE pearl jeweler, Kokichi Mikimoto cultured the first semi-sepherical pearl- it was the first pearl grown by man. The pearls coming out of Mikimoto are to die for but you might die when you see the price. Stores like Forever 21 and Charming Charlie have costume pearls for wayyyyyyy less and in different lengths for your choosing. Pearls look really beautiful with rose gold accents. So play around with some pearls either around your neck, in your ears, or wrapped around your wrist!

xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment