Tuesday, October 4, 2011

There is no place like home

Hi pretties! I am so bummed that there is no Pretty Little Liars on tonight but how lucky the Halloween Special Event is only 15 days away :) So, lately I've been really excited because my orchid is about to bloom again!

At the beginning of the summer I bought this really pretty orchid, I don't know what possessed me to do so because my thumb is no shade of green but I saw them at the grocery store and couldn't help myself. It bloomed like crazy through the months of June and July but by August the flowers started to die and fall off and September it was basically sticks and leaves :( waa waa waa. I got it some orchid food and it has some new buds on it and I am so excited to have some pretty flowers in my room again!

This got me thinking that while fashion is always fun I think it is important to create a space full of things that make you happy as well. My room is filled with pictures, candles, Meowf, my orchid (named Bella), and Gabana my fish! When you're surrounded by things that make you happy, it becomes contagious!

My orchid (Bella) is more like this color! 

White is classic and looks so pretty by the front door or in the kitchen

I saw this dark purple and was tempted but I felt 2 would be a lot of work. I think the color is edgy and beautiful! 

These flowers are pretty particular- they need sunlight but not direct sunlight, they cannot get colder than like 65 degrees (I'm worried about this winter), and only need water once a week. The easiest way to water orchids is by placing 3 ice cubes in the pot once a week and let them melt. I've been using water since the blooms fell off to encourage re-blooming! Once you get the hang of the life cycle orchids are such a cool way to pretty-fy you're living space! 

I also wanted to introduce you to Gabana! He's a Beta fish I got like 3 years ago-my bestie got a Beta fish too named Dolce (Dolce & Gabana...get it?!) but Dolce and Dolce Jr. sadly are no longer with us! Gabana is so fiesty and Meowf tries to eat him everyday but he's growing bigger all the time! He's kind of hard to see in the picture but I've changed his room a little bit-he now has clear rocks and a hot pink plant! 

Make sure your space reflects your style and fill it with things that make you happy! 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment