Monday, October 3, 2011

A girl can change her spots...

Happy Monday pretties! Whilst on vacation (*sigh*) I asked Kyle if he could be any sea creature what would he be, he said a shark because they're like the king of the ocean. So I said, "Then would you be a lion because they're king of the jungle?" He said "Yea, probably". And I'm sure you're wondering what the heck this has to do with fashion or anything else I post about and that this is just the ramblings of a girl dreaming of Mexico. Well it relates because I said "I'd be a Seahorse because they're adorable and I'd be a Cheetah because they run real fast and their outfits always look fierce".

Cheetah print is much like red in that it takes a bold woman to where it and most women don't, sad! I am obsessed with it and find that I usually wear leopard, or ocelot as Coach has named it, in my accessories. Coach does the perfect ocelot print (leopard/cheetah-whatever you want to call it) so a lot of my pieces are from Coach. I was tempted last year to buy a whole ocelot print bag when I snatched up the Madison Ocelot Slim Envelope wallet but I knew how dirty it would get and decided to go with leather instead.

So, for those of you who are ready to wear ocelot print I wanted to show you some of my favorite pieces so you can try to work it into your wardrobe :)



Last year I bought both of these infinity scarves from Coach, the black/grey for my mom but she never wears it so I borrow it. What I love about these infinity scarves is that they're so easy to wear and look great with a tee shirt, a blazer, or a cold weather coat. 

I wore the black/grey with a white blazer and black skinnies for a night out! 

This larger wristlet is perfect for running errands during the day (with the brown infinity scarf maybe?) or a night out.

Throw an ocelot scarf in your hair or tie a bow on your bag for just a touch.



Sometimes I'll wear just the scarf or the scarf and the wristlet, I have ocelot heels as well that I've talked about in a previous blog but I cannot bring myself to wear the scarf, wristlet, and heels all together. 

Fall is the perfect time to throw on some ocelot to punch up a monochromatic outfit. I love ocelot print and think you should too! ;) Especially on a Monday-we all need anything that can make us feel happy despite the week ahead! 

xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment