Thursday, November 3, 2011

Who do you dress for?


I recently recalled an interview with Jessica Simpson in ELLE magazine in which the interviewer asked her if she dresses for men or for women and it got me thinking-who do I dress for? I believe Ms. Simpson (Congrats on the pregnancy!) said she dresses for men but as for myself, I am not sure. 

I think we'd all like to believe we dress for ourselves but very few of us actually do. I think I dress more for women because I like to try different things and not really worry about the face my boyfriend is going to make at my weird outfit. For example, the sequined leggings I really want-most men are curious at why we wear them and are probably wondering if they're even comfortable. When I see a girl wearing sequined leggings I envy the fact that one she has them and that she doesn't care what people think, just wear what you want. 

If you want some inspiration on how to dress for yourself and screw everyone else check out manrepeller.com -this fashion blog is so refreshing! Her outfits are inspired and her sense of humor is out of this world-it might also inspire you to have your own "arm party", check out her blog if you want to know what an "arm party" is (it's pretty amazing). 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment