Monday, November 7, 2011

What's old is new again...

Not so manic Monday for me pretties! I've had a lot going on lately and have found myself more stressed than usual, I guess that's growing up. I've been playing in my closet a lot lately and finding new ways to wear pieces I've had for a while. I'll be honest I find nothing more fun than getting something new and creating a whole new outfit. The fashion industry is fickle but the economy is poor at best so we don't all have the means to buy something new so we never wear the same thing twice. To be honest I think true style is finding ways to wear the same piece in different ways but it never appears you wore the same thing twice.

"I dressed myself for the camera for five years-and never repeated an outfit once. (We filmed three to five days a week, with an average of two to three weeks off over the course  of a year-that's a lot of different looks!)" -Lauren Conrad Style, p. 2

One of my favorite blogs- cheetahisthenewblack.com does this trick so well. We all repeat our favorite denim but cheetahisthenewblack wears her bottoms to create different looks.

In her most recent post she wore these cheetah print skinnies with a cozy sweater and faux fur scarf.

With tough accessories and a leather jacket these skinnies look rocker chic

Changing a few key pieces means you'll never be caught in the same outfit. 


She did the same thing with these floral print pants! All she did was change her outerwear, bag, and shoes.

Olivia Palermo shops her own closet often and mixes pieces to create whole new looks


Like I said, it's fun shopping all the time and never having to wear the same thing twice but let's be honest-that's easy. True style is working with what you've got and no one noticing you've already worn that bright pair of denim, printed top, or skirt. So play in your own closet and see what fun you can come up with! 

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment