Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Sleeping Beauty...


Something about sleeping masks feels very ladylike and old fashion. Every time I see some at a store I always want to buy them but it isn't until recently that I started actually using one. I've read articles lately about how any amount of light in your bedroom at night can disrupt the REM sleep, Rapid Eye Movement sleep, that is vital for energy and the elimination of those horrid under eye circles! I usually fall asleep to my TV and my room faces east so the light pours into my room earlier than usual. I have found that since using them I have felt more refreshed when I wake up in the morning because I have gotten a good amount of REM sleep. Plus I feel like a classy lady waking up with my sleeping mask on! 

Have you ever used a gel eye mask? I bought one from Crabtree and Evelyn about a year ago because I was being naughty and going out a lot so I'd wake up with puffy eyes and a headache. You can use it hot or cold depending on the symptom you're attempting to treat. It was only $6 and I now use it whenever I have a sinus headache or a regular headache. Mine usually stays in the refrigerator but to use it warm you can heat it up either by soaking it in warm water or putting it in the microwave for no more than 30 seconds.

Cold treats symptoms of: Tension headache, tired puffy eyes, eye strain, sinus headache, fever headache, swelling from injury, muscle strain, excessive sun exposure. 

Hot treats symptoms of: Tired puffy eyes, eye strain, sinus pain, head cold, nasal congestion, allergy discomfort, muscle strain. 

I have the green one! 

And to all a good night! xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment