Monday, August 8, 2011

Honey, have you seen my shoes?

Good morning and happy Monday! I know most people hate when Monday rolls around but I welcome it because that means the crazy weekend at work is over and the store goes back to normal (somewhat).

Menswear. A huge trend in Hollywood and the fashion industry but scary for a lot of us normal girls. Basically you want to end up looking like you stole you're entire outfit from your boyfriend/husband (hence the title ;) ) Blazers have been the easy piece to work into your everyday life but oxfords can be a little bit scarier. The flat style is the more trendy way to go but oxfords with heels may be the less frightening choice, especially with a thicker heel they're easier to wear everyday. I love oxfords with a cable knit Grandpa sweater and skinnies or a men's button down shirt for running errands or a lunch date. For work you can pair a heeled oxford with your suit for a more polished look.


Sienna Miller is a huge fan of the trend, rocking oxfords for either running errands or to an event. Perfection. Taylor swift makes her oxfords more girly which is totally her style. I love when someone can take a trend and make it their own. Selma Blair shows how to pull off oxfords with a shirt dress, like she stole her whole look from her boyfriends closet! 

So here  and some options I found the first few are from zappos.com which I love because it's so easy to buy and return w/o having to pay for shipping. I feel like sometimes buying shoes online is a huge risk because a lot of brands size differently and who wants to pay to return something?! Not me! 

These are also available in black! I adore these (my favs)

Available in brown, black, blue/white striped, floral print, and gray

The next pair is from aldoshoes.com, what I love about these is they're patent leather so it draws a little more attention with the shine but also patent leather holds up a little better especially through the snow in the winter.

Available in gray, dark brown, cognac and a synthetic black (matte leather)

This pair is from jcpenny.com, they have a really good shoe selection lately and even label the shoes that are featured in People Stylewatch addition. 

I think these also came in brown but I forgot to write down color choices for this one. Sorry it was late and I worked all day :( my bad! 

I love the menswear trend, it's fun and when done right can be a polished look that when you look back 20 years from now you won't be embarrassed you wore, plus without this trend most of us girls wouldn't be wearing blazers! 

Have a good week and happy shopping xoxo

P.S. Missoni is coming to Target!! Rejoyce! September 13 it hits store so be on the look out for zigzags and bright colors in the GO! designer section plus I think they will be doing accessories like cosmetic pouches and brushes plus hair accessories! I cannot wait! 





No comments:

Post a Comment