Monday, August 15, 2011

5 things that keep me lookin' pretty...

Good morning!! Today I wanted to share 5 of the things I use everyday religiously to keep my skin/lips feeling smooth and looking fresh! I like to try different products and see how my skin reacts to them but these 5 are the ones I keep coming back to!

First is Oil of Olay Original Beauty Fluid. My mom has been using this since she was young and I have been using it since I've been washing my face! I love this moisturizer because it's the perfect combination of moisturizing without being too greasy. Every other face lotion I've tried causes me to break out because my skin is so normal!

Plus it's called "beauty fluid" which sounds way better than moisturizer. 

The second product is a step in facial cleansing that I feel like most women have over looked recently but I can't put on my beauty fluid without using my Oil of Olay Toner! I don't know how I began using toner because my mom skips this step herself but I never skip toning my skin!


I recently switched cleansers from Dove Facial Wipes to Neutrogena Naturals Facial Cleanser! My mom told me about some chemical in most face soap that is actually really bad for you and I got scared so we both switched to this natural cleanser. I've been using it for a few months now and I really like it, usually Neutrogena products are too harsh for my skin type but this one is gentle enough to use everyday! I even got the Pore Scrub from the line because I like to exfoliate once a week, but it didn't make the cut since I use it once a week! 



I use two products on my lips everyday to keep them smooth and soft all year long. The first is Burts Bees lip balm! When everyone else was using Carmex I started using Burts Bees, mostly because it has a minty scent to it so if I feel insecure about my breath smelling funky I put on the lip balm to mask it ;)  In addition to that I always feel like when I put it on I can feel it tingle and working to rehydrate my lips! It's my favorite lip balm ever! 


Last but certainly not least is Smith's Rosebud Salve!! I like this product for a few different reasons but mostly it hydrates my lips and gives them a glossy/wet look. I like putting it over lipstick on days where I want the color but want my look to be glossy! Also it works to reduce blemishes like pimples on your face and you can use it on your cuticles to rehydrate them. It's a-mazing stuff! 


I also wanted to tell you guys that I broke down and ordered Chanel Peridot and I absolutely love it! I've worn it on my fingers for the last couple of days and have gotten so many compliments on the color...it's definitely an attention getter! And it came in a cute little suede dust bag...so precious and worth every penny! Love! 

xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment