Thursday, August 11, 2011

Horsepower



You know those friends you have whose hair always looks adorable like they just stepped out of the salon but you know they did it themselves and it drives you nuts? I am not one of those girls. My hair is either straight, curled with a youcurl, or in a ponytail. Recently I attended a wedding and wore my hair in a ponytail and realized that it's actually a lot more polished than I thought. I have realized the power of the pony! The one thing I will say keeps the updo looking polished and not lazy is buying the clear or black rubber band that allows you to easily wrap a 1 inch strand of hair around the base of the ponytail.

For the Gucci 2011 fall/winter show models came onto the runway with low, polished ponies that had an unexpected twist, FEATHERS!!! I love feathers and I love this look because it can be appropriate for a lot of different events.

Celebs aren't lost on the idea of ponies as the updo for events...

Blake Lively has amazing hair and she knows it! Her hair is usually very textured with waves or a curl to it but we all know if she wore her hair smooth it would look major too. Unfair!

Lauren has lust worthy hair too, her low pony goes well with her strapless dress. 

Jennifer Aniston's pony is a more polished approach to Blake's hair. This version is good for work or a work event. 

Next time you're in a pinch to get ready for an event try a ponytail. It's a timeless look that is simple and a time-saver!

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment