Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Dear Karen at the MAC counter...



So I've been using drug store make-up for most of my life which I am sure a lot of us do but after seeing Elle and Blair Fowler's (from elleandblair.com) make-up collection worth coveting I decided to head to the MAC counter and see what sort of trouble I could get into. Oh, and I sure did get into trouble. The lady at the counter, Karen, was so funny I would've bought anything she put on my face.

I initially went in for loose powder because I don't like using a ton of foundation on my face just a little under my eyes and then loose powder for light coverage on the rest of my skin. I am fortunate enough to have normal/clear skin so I don't ever want to put too much on it and chance a breakout. After trying a two different loose powder, one of them was the mineralizing powder (I don't remember the exact name, oops) and their Loose Sheer powder I ended up with the latter in NC30. I am also super lucky that in the summer I will be burnt for a day then it turns more of a brown tan but in the summer I get like translucently pale so I need something that will give me color without having to be blended down to my belly button, you know what I mean. NC30 gave the perfect amount of color without being too dark for me. Phew, got that out of the way.

Next we looked at blush and she showed me three colors but I ended up choosing MAC Mineralize Blush in Gentle it's a different color then I've normally tried but it has such a pretty shimmer to it without being too shimmery for everyday. Plus I think it would blend really nice with my Benefit Thrrrob blush. In order to apply both my loose powder and mineralize blush I got the 109 brush, it's a smaller brush but it's most dense so it'll work for both applications.

The cherry on top of my MAC experience was the Opulash mascara I got. It has an amazing brush, it's very thick and really long so it gets every lash. What I like most about it is that it's not extremely cakey or after wearing all day it didn't melt down my face which, is a hugggggeeeeee pet peeve of mine. So I'd say it was a successful day for me and Karen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment