Thursday, January 5, 2012

Groundbreaking...

Hiii pretties! Symptom of working retail means I am always a season ahead. So, what's next you ask? SPRING! And with spring this year comes...pastels and florals. I know, you're probably hearing Miranda from Devil Wears Prada in your head, "Florals? For spring? Groundbreaking." But this year at New York Fashion Week Spring 2012 that is what some of the biggest designers sent down their runway. I am not a huge pastel person but this year they are done in very pretty, different ways. And after a trip to the mall my mom pointed out that I am favoring florals so I guess that's one trend this spring I am already loving!

I posted about this outfit a few days ago but this was the start of my floral love

Mulberry sent models down the runway in a pretty powdery yellow with neutral tones

Jenny Packham showed a good mix of pastels and florals. The two white dresses are to die for.

Louis Vuitton combined the two trends but the floral is more vintage than whimsical. 

Marc Jacobs infused past with present but making the trend a little bit grunge. I mean lets but honest grunge is what he does best & his signature! Hello 90's 

Alice & Olivia did the trend in a very girly way which is pretty much their signature.

I am not usually into this type of trend but Alice & Olivia make it very modern and not too Stepford Wives with the short hems, fitted bodice, and harem type trousers.

I am not a fan of winter this year because of the lack of snow and winter type activities (sledding, snowmen, snowball fights) so I am looking forward to spring and all that it has to offer.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment