Thursday, January 31, 2013

Bunhead...

Hi pretties...pardon my absence I've had a busy few weeks! The other night while getting ready for some fun with friends I mentioned my friend Molly has the perfect hair for a sock bun. Let the experimenting begin! My friend Kate has always been gifted a hearing of a hair trend and then....BAM...she does it!

So we cut a sock, I threw my hair in a pony tail, and just rolled. Voila


I apologize for the action shot but I'm afraid it's one of the few I got. 


I am obsessed! Not that this is a new trend, bunheads have been walking the streets for a long while but I do see myself taking full advantage of this super easy hair style.

Take a tube sock (preferably unused) and cut the toes off, you can cut anywhere depending on how big you'll want your bun. Then roll the sock so it looks like a doughnut (yum), make sure you curl the ends of your hair under so they don't stick out too much, put the sock at the ends of your ponytail and start rolling. Secure with another hair tie and some bobbi pins and you're set to go.

If you feel weird about wearing a sock on your head you can buy one of these in your hair color 

This one is from H&M but drugstores sell them as well!


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment