Wednesday, January 23, 2013

bb...

Hi pretties! If you follow me on Instagram you may remember this past summer I posting this picture, expressing my excitement...

:: Smashbox camera ready 5-in-1 BB cream w/SPF 35 $39.00 @ Ulta ::

I really like the formula, especially the SPF because I am super lazy when it comes to protecting my face from the sun as seen here last summer after a day at the beach...


:: I learned a hard lesson that day ::

Anyway back to the point, I did really like the Smashbox BB cream but it's extremely expensive so I thought once it's gone I'll try a drugstore brand and compare {easy blog to write yay!} When I was finished I tried Maybelline's take on the product

:: Maybelline Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream $8.99 @ Ulta ::

I have to be honest I was super psyched that both of these products support my lazy make up application {I blame my mom, she doesn't wear much because she always had great skin} consisting of products like primer, moisturizer, and SPF among others. But the verdict is in as far as my opinion is concerned and the Maybelline BB cream wins out. The Smashbox product was a little more oily than Maybelline's and I have extremely normal skin but anything too oily {or dehydrating for that matter} can wreak havoc on my skin. I usually had to apply a few extra layers of pressed powder {luckily it was Chanel} to get my skin looking more dewy than oily. Maybelline's BB cream wears more like a tinted moisturizer, very light weight and easy to wear. 

If you have dry skin Smashbox might be the formula for you if you want to try BB cream but I'd say save yourself some money and try the drugstore brand first!

xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment