Friday, January 4, 2013

As if...


Sex. Clothes. Popularity. Whatever

At the bright young age of 9 years old I saw the film that would ultimately change my life forever. Clueless. I was a child for crying out loud but I was totally relating to Cher Horowitz, her rotating closet, knee high socks, and not wanting to participate in gym.

For Spring 2013 Wildfox created a collection that pays tribute to the film that changed so many. I cannot wait to get my hands on a few pieces. Here is the article that inspired me to write this post...


Let me tell you how obsessed I was with this movie first off, I would cut my tights into knee highs, at which point my mom gave in and just bought me knee high socks. When I couldn't find pens with the puff of feathers at the end I made them myself. Thankfully Claire's (the accessory store)  supplied me with the real deal at some point, and clips for hair with a puff of feathers and you guessed it I wore those too.

Clueless changed me in that, Cher had attitude! She wasn't some damsel in distress and was proud of it, she even criticized Tai for working the angle. She was the definition of self-centered and totally clueless but she was still popular and I wanted to be just like that. Now that I'm grown I see the fault in being self centered and clueless but the attitude part stuck with me.

Oh, but the clothes were to die for. It's kind of funny because that is so not what people were wearing in 1995, Marc Jacobs had taken over with his grunge look but as far as Beverly Hills was concerned the grunge faze only happened to the stoners who hung on the grass knoll. I mean, Cher wore an Alaia to a party in the Valley- she is the definition of "always dress nicer than you think you should"


I inhaled every minute of this movie and can quote from start to finish, and when I watch it now I cannot believe that at such a young age I was even allowed to watch this movie I mean sex, drinking, and drugs it could have been a bad influence. The only negative impact it had on me is that it made me totally obsessed with clothes and that only negatively impacts my wallet! In my mind this movie will never get old and will always be a great indication of why I turned out the way I did. So, thank you Amy Heckerling & Mona May for the brilliance that is Clueless and thank you Wildfox for such an adorable collection that pays great tribute!! 


xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen Clueless in well over a decade. Movie night???

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps what are some of your favs from that other blog?

    ReplyDelete