Thursday, July 28, 2011

To the Maxi...

So it's Thursday and I am really looking forward to this weekend because I finally have a Saturday off (those are hard to come by in the retail world). So my bf and I are planning a trip down to Chicago for the day and I am freaking out about what to wear but that's not why I am here :) It's because I have been loving maxi dresses lately!! I don't have a ton of options but every time I put one of the few I have on I wonder why I am not always in them. Maxi dresses are like the easiest summer uniform ever! Just slip it on and add a few different accessories and viola you are ready to go. It's really cute though, every time I've worn one this summer my boyfriend thinks I am dressed up when really I am feeling casual to the max ;).

So I am wondering how I can take my maxis into the beginning of fall without looking like a freak. Maxi dresses with blazers, leather bomber jackets, and cardigans are sounding like the way to go. Also adding the right jewelry can totally take a maxi into fall, for example throwing on a long strand of pearls, an arm full of cuffs, or an obnoxiously large cocktail ring can do the trick. Another great way to transform your maxi is putting a long sleeved tee underneath it!

Pair some great ankle booties or the "it" boot for fall and you are comfy and stylish! Who knew?! Just make sure if your maxi is printed that it's not too summery of a print otherwise you'll just look crazy!

p.s. I am thinking of doing "outfits of the day" and maybe I'll start with my outfit for Chicago saturday! YAY

No comments:

Post a Comment