Saturday, February 25, 2012

Memory lane...

Happy Saturday!! I love that I can finally say that and mean it :) So, the other day at work we took a tour of the photo studio and it was the coolest thing I've seen in such a long time!! We also learned about photo retouching and I was so happy to learn one of my absolute favorite style stars doesn't want too much of it. Hopefully, you know I mean Lauren Conrad. We actually saw a photo before retouching and after retouching and to be honest the background got more done than she did. It was so nice to know that the girl you see in those photos is actually her with just some wrinkles softened, under eye circles lightened up (who doesn't need that?) and some fly away strands smoothed.

This made me think about Lauren's red carpet style now and when The Hills first became a hit and you couldn't find a red carpet without finding Lauren. I have to say she has done an amazing  job of finding her look without too many misses in the mean time. I think we can all agree that your early 20's are for experimenting with your look and finding what works and what doesn't with a few embarrassing moments in the process. Luckily for Lauren she has done it with grace...

Aw one of the first red carpet moments for The Hills girls! Lauren looks sweet in her white dress and loose curls. (Heidi looks like a normal person still *sigh*)

Lauren looks super young here but the black dress, while safe, leaves us wanting more

Ok, I remember watching this red carpet and being very surprised by this look. I don't know if I like the look or the fact that she tried something different

Aw, pretty Lauren. This was the Oscars and she is stunning. She looks extremely comfortable and not trying too hard which is refreshing for a red carpet

I absolutely adore this look. I can never get my hair to look right in a top knot and the nude/navy combo is to die for

All of these are some of my favorite looks especially the metallic with black LC Lauren Conrad for Kohl's pumps

I think I like Lauren so much because I love her aesthetic which is already pretty, on trend, and fits like a glove. Not only that but she shares her secrets for style success which shows her character. I am a huge fan of both her line for Kohl's (which is still hugely successful) and her Paper Crown line so whenever getting ready for an event I tend to look to her for inspiration on outfits and thebeautydepartment.com for make-up and hair tips! 

I guess if you take nothing else from this post take away the fact that I am mildly obsessed with our dear Lauren Conrad and think you should be too! Just kidding...but seriously! 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment