Monday, February 25, 2013

Oscars 2013...

Here are my favs & fails...

Favs
:: Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Haute Couture::

The silhouette of the dress is dramatic so I love that the color, her jewelry, and hair are soft. She looks absolutely flawless and the necklace is actually long which she wore pulled down her back! Love- the perfect gown for a best actress win, right?


::Amanda Seyfried in Alexander McQueen::

She looks so statuesque and pretty! It all just works! High neck = updo

Fails
::Anne Hathaway in Prada::

Forget the wardrobe malfunction, when you're up for an Oscar (regardless if you've won before) you don't show up in something like this. I just don't get it, the back is a mess and the material seems cheap. Congrats on the win, though. 

::Kristen Stewart in Reem Acra::

I don't know if it's so much the dress I don't like or if it's her whole demeanor. First of all how many times have we seen Kristen Stewart in sheer frocks since the Fall? Pretty much every appearance she did for Snow White and the Huntsman (coincidence maybe?) and Breaking Dawn Part 2, but the fact that her hair looks like she hasn't brushed it since her tryst with that director and her smile screams "Yea I'm here and I don't care". So sad, I want to like her but I just can't.

I felt a little underwhelmed by the gowns this year but Jennifer Lawrence definitely stole the show and almost (almost**) made me forget all the dresses that disappointed. 
xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment