Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A look back...

Evening pretties! The weather today was so beautiful and I got to go for a really refreshing walk to start my work out so it made me feel extra productive. I have been thinking about the girl I was in high school versus the girl I am now and it's kind of funny. I remember in high school it was all about fitting in for me and most girls my age. I remember if I said I liked some piece of clothing and my friends said they didn't I wouldn't buy it.

I know, I'm adorable! Color denim before it was cool! 


For my 16th birthday I didn't dare ask for a car, I knew I wasn't getting one, but I did ask for this adorable (at the time) tan corduroy and shearling jacket from Abercrombie and Fitch. And by the time winter rolled around most of the girls in my group of friends and some that I didn't hang out with had something very similar. At the time I didn't mind because I fit in and eventually got myself another, almost identical jacket in the black version, I had to have options. This now would probably drive me nuts I mean now a days I wear a bright pink Coach pea coat in the winter to give you an example of how I try not* to fit in.

That's me in the front left in aforementioned coat(and glasses)!!


If you look at girls in high school now it's all about Northface jackets, skinnies, and Ugg boots (until Summer then replace Northfaces with neon racer backs, skinnies for denim cut offs and Uggs with...Uggs) and they all wear variations of the same Northface and Ugg boots. I wish I could tell these girls that one day you'll start wearing whatever you want and you'll have friends who will go shopping and when they see something you like point it out to you instead of tell you they hate it. It's nice to have honest friends don't get me wrong- they save you from some serious embarrassment but at a young age they keep you from truly expressing yourself.

Me on the way left again...It was a sporting event, we made shirts, so I guess we had to look the same ;)

Now the mess my life has become!! Yikes (Spring cleaning is in order!)

So, thats my thought...I'm glad we grew up and no longer worry about fitting in. Thank goodness for that!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment