Friday, April 26, 2013

A letter...

Dear bright pink lipstick-

After having woken up this morning feeling a little under the weather, now before you go on worrying about me it was just the booze flu and totally self inflicted, the mere thought of getting ready made me want to vomit. But then I thought of you, the one thing that can totally redirect everyone's attention from my tired eyes and dull skin to my bright pink lips.

Now I know what you're thinking, "Just stay at your desk and don't leave that way no one sees you". Well I tried that and wouldn't you know, I go to get water in my hobo looking outfit and unkept hair and who do I see? The CEO of my company who usually has his eyes glue to his phone but no, not on this day. It was nice to know that when he looked up and looked me directly in the face to say, "good morning" I felt fairly certain he didn't notice that my headband didn't match my scarf, that didn't match my flats, which didn't match my necklace. Oh, but the necklace matched the scarf and the flats matched the headband, do you follow?

So, thank you for always being my savior right along with your red hued counter part which as you know I save for the Summer months. I owe you big bright pink lipstick.



xo

No comments:

Post a Comment