Saturday, May 18, 2013

Met Gala 2013...

My favorites & fails from this year's Met Gala. I gave myself a good long while to really see if any other looks would grow on me but my initial favorites/fails won out in the end. And also it has been taking me forever to do anything on the internet at home, rude.


Favorites...


::Blake Lively in Gucci Premiere::

I absolutely love this dress despite the fact that it didn't follow the, "Punk Chaos" theme. I think if Blake had gone with something more punk it wouldn't have felt authentic. The bottom of the dress definitely gives it some edge and I love it. No surprise there I am pretty obsessed with Blake. 

Next Fav...
::Nina Dobrev in Monique Lhuillier::

I am really loving Nina's style evolution, not to mention I watch The Vampire Diaries religiously every week (Team Stefan, of course). From her Donna Karan red dress moment at the Emmy's to her recent blue and black Versace dress at the CW Upfronts party. I love that she followed the theme and it worked for her. The pants with the tulle overlay is so sexy. Love it!

Fail...
::Kristen Stewart in Stella McCartney::

Ok so maybe I am being mildly unfair but I just do not like this look at all. I really tried to find one thing I thought was awesome but couldn't. Here we go again with the sheer garment, like we've seen Kristen wearing at most every event in the last year and half. I think it's time to change it up. Also, something about the seem on the pants is just not flattering. Ick...not loving it. 

Honorable Mention...
::Nicole Richie in Topshop::

I have to say that the reason why I am not totally put off by this look is that Nicole is rocking it, there is not one part of her attitude that seems unsure. I absolutely love that she took a risk and made it seem as if this is how she looks everyday. There is definitely something worth respecting about that. 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment